Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Wii!



We bought the boys Nintendo's newest game console for Christmas. We've never had a game console at all, but I was intrigued by this thing, called the Wii (and pronounced we) and thought it looked like a lot of fun. It has been a terrific hit with the whole family, not least myself.

I play Wii Sports almost every day and count it as cardio exercise. Tonight I played for about 45 minutes and actually won a game of tennis. (I also lost some games, but for some reason neglected to memorialize my losing screens.)

3 comments:

Kathy in WA said...

Laura--so do you end up playing more than the children? I have thought the Wi looked so interesting. Were the games terribly expensive? It sounds like fun! Good for you for getting in some cardio work. Way to go!

Laura in CT said...

Kathy, believe me, the kids play a lot, more than me. But dh and I both play nearly daily.

The games run about $40. The sports game, which is the one we adults play most, came with the console at no extra cost, and I did recently find another game on sale for around $34.

Jenny said...

LOL! I'm kinda addicted to the bowling...